I asked and you woot wooted. So here it is, my recipe for 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
When I posted my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal recipe, I asked if you lovely friends wanted my recipe for a pumpkin spice latte, and to let me know by putting a “woot woot!” in the comments. I seriously have to do something like this again, because every time a “woot woot” came in, I laughed out loud.
There are a bajillion pumpkin spice latte recipes on the web (that’s a scientific fact), so I’m not exactly the first here, but I knew I wanted to do two things with this recipe:
- Make it as simple as possible. Some of the recipes I came across had too many ingredients, or took too long to prepare.
- Make it as convenient as possible. While I am sure it’s delicious, simmering spices and pumpkin with milk every time you want a coffee seems a bit fussy to me. So I decided a syrup was the way to go. Just pour and stir straight into your coffee!
I just started tossing things in a pot until it tasted sensational, and then, tah dah! 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Syrup to the rescue.
You know what I love about this stuff (other that being pumpkin spice bliss), it’s pretty quick and easy to make, and then you just have this marvellous thick syrup hanging around. You can stir it into a latte, or just into a regular coffee, but who said coffee is the only use?
Other uses for this syrup:
- Drizzle this sucker over pancakes
- Onto waffles
- Stir into porridge
- Over french toast
- Mix into hot chocolate
- Shake into a cocktails
- or pour directly into your mouth (yeah I’m classy like that).
Pumpkin spice everything here I come!
This is a simple one to make for sure. Just add everything to a small pot, whisk together and bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes. Pour the syrup through a fine mesh strainer, or a nut milk bag. (You may want to let it cool first if using a nut milk bag). This strains out the pulpiness and leaves you with perfect syrup. Done. Finito. Enjoy.
Stir about 1 tablespoon of syrup (or to taste), you your latte or coffee.
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add everything to a small pot, whisk together and bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes. Pour the syrup through a fine mesh strainer, or a nut milk bag. (You may want to let it cool first if using a nut milk bag). This strains out the pulpiness and leaves you with perfect syrup.
Store in the fridge for about a week.