I’m DONE! I’m DONE!
For the first time ever, I have completed all of my Christmas shopping before December even started!
I used to very much be one of those December 24th struggling to get it together stressed out people, but this year I refused to do that. I wanted to get my shopping done, not only on time but early. And you know what happened? I’m SO ready and happy that it’s the holiday season. While other people are grunting when they hear the Christmas music playing, I’m singing along, browsing the various brands of vegan nog, watching Christmas movies, sipping Christmas tea… I am ALL about Christmas this year because it’s going to be all fun, and no stress!
My keys to shopping success are simple: order online, do it now, just do it, press order, now you’re done and waiting for packages to arrive. Hooray!
Online shopping really is one of the best things in life… that and nutritional yeast (but more on that later). I put together this 2016 Vegan Gift Guide to help you get your shopping done. These are gift ideas I think any vegan would love to receive. I hope that this list makes your shopping a breeze, and when your done, vegan nog cheers me!
- Reeses, smeeses. Theses Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are an all time fav, and surprisingly easy to make. You could even make them into holiday shapes!
- I made this Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Loaf for a gift trading game for Christmas last year, and it was the first gift chosen, and the selector refused to give it up. ~brushes imaginary dust off of shoulder~
- Everyone loves cookies, why not try one or more of the recipes from this collection post of 25 Vegan Christmas Cookies
- These should really be made the day of or the day before, but that means they are perfect for a last minute gift idea: Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Donate to a local Animal Sanctuary, Pet Shelter or better yet, volunteer! Some sanctuaries let you sponsor individual animals, so you could for example sponsor a chicken in someone’s name. Cute lil’ chicken.
- I think any vegan would be super excited to try some gourmet vegan cheeses. Miyokos Kitchen and Kite Hill are both well-known brands, but you might be able to find others in your area. Splurge a little more and put together a whole vegan cheese basket!
- I’m a huge fan of Vegan Cookbooks, 2016 saw some new exciting books inluding these ones that caught my eye:
- Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Vegan Bowl Attack by Jackie Sobon. Amp up the gift by pairing it with a cool bowl. I love this cantaloupe bowl I was given last year from my mom.
- Oh She Glows Every Day by Angela Liddon
- Vegan 101 by Heather Bell and Jenny Engel
- Minimalist Baker Everyday Cooking by Dana Shultz
- The only vegan in a household? Claim your food with these dishes that say vegan right on them. Handmade Vegan Dishes by Jeanette Zeis
- Candies for days! Pick up a selection of Vegan Gummy Candies.
- Pressing tofu can change the texture making it chewy and absorb more sauces. An EZ Tofu Press can take tofu pressing to the next level!
- Rock out in the kitchen… or in the shower with SoundBot Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker. Time to play those holiday tunes!
- For thinly slicing veggies this mandolin works wonderfully. I use it to make my Thai Salad, and Apple Chips.
- I love this Microplane Zester, because it has a measuring container on the back, which makes measuring lemon zest easy peasy lemon squeezy. 😉
- Do you know someone who is obsessed with vegan pizza? This Vegan Pizza Pin is perfection.
- Plain and proud, I am totally digging this Classic Vegan Tee.
- Love this totem pole of animals on this Friends Not Food Tee.
- For the avocado addict: Avocado and Spoon Necklace.
- I wear a Hand Stamped Vegan Necklace every day. Mine is getting pretty worn out, but I am loving this new one.
- Not a necklace fan? How about a Vegan Ring.
- Vegans don’t wear leather, so picking up a good quality, trendy Vegan Belt is a great idea!
- My cousin bought me this Ask Me Why I Am Vegan Pin. My answer: because it makes me happy.
- For the nutritional yeast addict (me), pick up 1 Pound of Nutritional Yeast, or hey, if you want to go crazy, why not get a 6 Pound Pail of Nutritional Yeast (over $50). This gift is sure to make any vegan laugh out loud.
- If you used to love the taste of eggs, Black Salt is a neat gift. This unusual salt tastes just like eggs! Sprinkle it on your tofu scramble to kick your breakfast up a notch.
- Skip the knife sets, a cook really only needs one good chefs knife. This Henckels 8 inch Chefs Knife is my favourite. Pick up a knife sharpener while you’re at it. A sharp knife is a safe knife.
- I am obsessed with my cast iron pans. Take the time to season them properly, and be amazed at how non-stick the surface becomes. They also look fab in food photography! Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.
- For the stew lover, a Black + Decker Slow Cooker would be a great gift.
- I’m obsessed with my Hot Air Popcorn Popper. Popcorn is popped without oil, and there is a little dish where you can melt Earth Balance on top. Sprinkle it with nutritional yeast, and I’m in heaven.
- For the soy latte lover, you can foam your own non-dairy milk at home with this Automatic Milk Frother and Heater. It’s also great for making tea lattes! Yum.
- I’m loving this off the shoulder Vegan Sweatshirt.
- This one made me laugh out loud: Vegan AF Tank.
- Puree soups right in the pot, whizz up sauces, and whisk quickly with this 4 in 1 Immersion Blender.
- I use raw cashews in a ton of recipes as they are the perfect texture and creaminess to make vegan cheeses and sauces. This 4 Pound Bag of Raw Cashews is sure to please any vegan.
- For the cocktail enthusiast, there is now Baileys Almande which is totally vegan!
- Leather is a no-no for vegans, but these Cork Oxford Shoes are a yes-yes! A gift certificate to a vegan shoe store would be a real treat for any vegan. Mooshoes (US), Nice Shoes (Canada), or Vegetarian Shoes (UK) are just a few of them.
- I’m in love with this Ombre Burgundy Weekender Bag from Pixie Mood (my favourite vegan bag designer). Check out the full selection there are many gorgeous purses and wallets as well.
- Most vegans are pretty informed in nutrition, so we know oil is not a health food. That’s why this GoWISE USA Air Fryer is so appealing. It makes fried food with just a teaspoon of oil!
- I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I’m in love with my Blendtec Blender.
- This Breville Food Processor was gifted to me, and I adore it. It comes with all sorts of cool accessories, making it slice and dice in seconds.
- For the avid baker, a KitchenAid Mixer is a classic.
I hope you found this post helpful. Happy holiday shopping!