“Tis the season to drink delicious holiday beverages! Fa la la la la… la la la la.”
I’m a big fan of fancy festive drinks. Vegan Hot Buttered Rum, Easy Homemade Apple Cider, 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Syrup. There is just something about sipping a festive beverage and watching the snow fall that feels like total relaxing, fuzzy slipper bliss to me.
Now that we finally have a thick blanket of snow on the ground (shhhh snow haters, no complaining), holiday cocktails are an absolutely must.
A lot of grocery stores carry vegan nogs of various types, but it’s so easy and scrumptious to make your own. The best news? You guys know my style by now: easy, quick, and delicious. For this recipe just toss everything into a blender (only 7 ingredients), whizz it up, and you’re good to go. I love mine with spiced rum, but it’s gorgeous booze free as well.
To make Quick Vegan Coconut Nog: toss everything in a blender and give it a whizz, and done!
Bonus tip: If you are looking for a hint of eggy flavour, try adding a pinch of black salt.
Pour over spiced rum or bourbon for a boozy version, give a little stir and garnish with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg. Sip your way to nog perfection.
- 1 Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup of your Favourite Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 3 - 5 Tablespoons Agave or Maple Syrup
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg (plus more for garnish)
- Pinch of Black Salt for an eggy taste (optional)
- Spiced Rum or Bourbon (Optional)
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I prefer a less sweet nog, so I opted for 3 tablespoons of agave. For a sweeter nog add more to taste.
- Pour over spiced rum or bourbon if you like, and give a little stir. Garnish with a little more nutmeg. Store leftovers in a bottle or jug in the fridge. Shake well before serving.