Easy Vegan Carrot Muffins
EasThe tastiest muffins ever. Each muffin is bursting with sweet carrots, crunchy walnuts, chewy coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Making these the BEST carrot muffins you will ever taste!
Servings: 12 muffins
- ¾ cup plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- ½ cup light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups peeled and grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line 12 wells of a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease the pan.
In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl mix together the plant-based milk, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then stir in the carrots, walnuts, and coconut. Pour the wet carrot mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until just combined. Don't overmix, lumps are totally cool. Overmixing can result in the muffins not rising properly.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin. Bake 18 to 25 minutes until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan. Carrot muffins can be stored at room temperature for 3 - 4 days or frozen in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1muffin (recipe makes 12) | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2731IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg
Find it online: