This post is sponsored by House Foods, who I love for their amazing Shirataki noodles. The noodles are made from tofu, making them gluten-free, low-calorie, and have a totally unique al dente texture. So yum!
I swear I’m not lying. Creamy noodle goodness is coming your way, and it’s coming your way fast!
Just toss cashews, cilantro, lime, water, salt and pepper, into a blender and whizz that up. Pour over cooked Tofu Shirataki noodles (which take only 3 minutes to boil). Toss. Heat through for about 2 minutes. Boom. Dinner done. Yes, just like that.
Maybe you didn’t even have time to start drooling. I’ll help with that. Look at this ↓↓↓
Drooling yet? I thought so.
This is the PERFECT dish for spring.
- Quick. So you don’t have to spend those first warm nights slaving over a stove.
- Fresh. So creamy and bursting with the zing of the cilantro and lime.
- Light. Tofu Shirataki noodles aren’t too heavy because they are so low in calories.
These Creamy Vegan Cilantro Lime Noodles give me a total spring in my step… get it?… Get it?? (You love my bad jokes, admit it).
I love when I am able to make a great recipe from just a few simple ingredients. I almost always have all the ingredients needed on hand for this recipe. Happy kitchen dance party!
To make these delectable noodles, just toss everything in a blender (except for the noodles, because that would be weird). Then blend until creamy and smooth.
See, all creamy and smooth.
In the meantime bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the Tofu Shirataki noodles according to the directions, then drain.
Put the noodles back in the pot and toss with the sauce. Heat for an additional minute or two, to thicken the sauce and warm through.
Boom! Deliciousness served.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked or boiled if not using a high-speed blender, see notes)
- Small Handful of Cilantro (about ½ cup packed)
- ¾ Cup Water
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Zest from 1 Lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- Juice from 1 Lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Packages Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodles
- This recipe is so quick and easy! Ready? Add the cashews, cilantro, water, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a blender and combine until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the Tofu Shiritaki noodles according to directions, drain then return to the pot. Add the cilantro lime sauce to the noodles, and toss to combine. Heat for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and everything is heated through. Enjoy!
To soak the cashews: cover the cashews with water and let soak for 6 hours or overnight. Drain before using.
Or, to boil the cashews: add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes until cashews are very tender. Drain before using.
For Tofu Shirataki noodle nutrition information click here.