Am I really writing a recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich? Yes I am. I really am. Don’t worry, I’m well aware that most of you, if not all of you, are experts in the category of grilled cheese sandwiches, because who isn’t? An I-just-moved-out-of-my-parents-house staple. Here’s the thing though, how could I NOT post this recipe. Just look at this delicious looking, want to sink my teeth into it immediately, ketchup on the side with a bit of Sriracha, sandwich. Swoon.
There were four pieces of this sandwich, but as I said, must eat immediately, so alas, you are left with visuals of only three.
As far as I recall, I haven’t bothered making a grilled cheese sandwich since going vegan. Not one that is strictly just delicious vegan cheese anyways. The store bought vegan cheeses are good, but I have never felt they were awesome enough all by themselves. At least not the ones I have tried. They always seem a bit finicky to melt. But then came along the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella, and all of that changed. Why hello scrumptious sandwich, it would be an insult not to share you with the world.
- 1 recipe for Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella
- 6 Slices of Bread (I prefer whole grain breads, but the choice is yours)
- Vegan Butter such as Earth Balance (optional)
- Ketchup and Sriracha for dipping (optional)
- If you are using a vegan butter, butter one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Take three of the slices and divide the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella evenly among them. Or you can use as much or as little as you like. Top the bread with the remaining three slices of bread, butter sides out.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and grill the sandwiches until they are golden brown on the bottom. Flip each sandwich and brown on the other side. Make sure the sandwiches are heated through.
- Super secret tip: as the sandwiches are cooking, I like to use a spatula to squish around the outside of the sandwiches, compressing the crusts together. This makes a sort of seal and traps all the melty goodness inside. Yum!
**Time to take is for if the Melty Stretch Gooey Vegan Mozzarella is already prepared. Add another 15 minutes if you are making the mozzarella fresh.
Feature Ingredient: Vegan Mozzarella. 137 Days, 60 Recipes to go.