Am I really writing a recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich? Yes I am. I really am. Don't worry, I'm well aware that most of you, if not all of you, are experts in the category of grilled cheese sandwiches, because who isn't? An I-just-moved-out-of-my-parents-house staple. Here's the thing though, how could I NOT post this recipe for my Vegan Mozzarella Grilled Cheese?! Just look at this delicious looking, want-to-sink-my-teeth-into-it-immediately, ketchup-on-the-side-with-a-bit-of-Sriracha, sandwich. Swoon, Vegan Mozzarella Grilled Cheese, swoooon!!
There were four pieces of this sandwich, but as I said, must eat immediately, so alas, you are left with visuals of only three.
As far as I recall, I haven't bothered making a grilled cheese sandwich since going vegan. Not one that is strictly just delicious vegan cheese anyways. The store bought vegan cheeses are good, but I have never felt they were awesome enough all by themselves. At least not the ones I have tried. They always seem a bit finicky to melt. But then came along the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella, and all of that changed. Why hello scrumptious Vegan Mozzarella Grilled Cheese, it would be an insult not to share you with the world.
Vegan Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 recipe Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella
- 6 slices bread of choice
- Ketchup and Sriracha for dipping (optional)
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread. Take three of the slices and divide the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella evenly among them. Top the bread with the remaining three slices of bread, butter sides out.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and grill the sandwiches until they are golden brown on the bottom. Flip each sandwich and brown on the other side. Make sure the sandwiches are heated through.