It's officially pumpkin season! Woot woot! Celebrate! Now is the time of year where we like to cram pumpkin deliciousness in just about everything and I am totally game. I need pumpkiness, and I need it now! 10 minutes from now to be precise. Oh, and I can deliver. This soup takes only 10 minutes to make. No really, I promise. No chopping, no blending, no patience. Now THAT is my kind of recipe.
Just heat up the Thai red curry paste, then dump everything in, whisk, heat through, and serve. Do a little drizzle of coconut milk and Sriracha if you want to be all fancy pants, and then amaze guests or your family at your speedy geniusness.
Speedy, check, but is it good? Psssh, shame on you for even asking. Thai curry + peanut butter + pumpkin = most definitely a good thing. Creamy, rich, comforting, it's like a hug from the inside out. Perfectly satisfying for a chilly Fall day.
This is super quick, ready? Put a big 'ol pot over medium-high heat. Add the Thai red curry paste, and stir or whisk as it's heating up. After about 1 minute it will to stick to the pan and become fragrant.
Now just dump in the rest of the ingredients. The broth, veggie stock, pumpkin, coconut milk, peanut butter, and seasonings. Whisk to combine and cook until hot and bubbly. That's it! Garnish your way to a beautiful bowl and serve up that liquid heaven.
10 Minute Thai Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 L vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 1 796ml can pumpkin purée (3 ½ Cups)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (optional)
- Lime, cilantro, coconut milk, or more Sriracha for garnish
- Heat a big pot over medium-high heat. Add the Thai red curry paste, and stir or whisk as it’s heating up. After about 1 minute it will to stick to the pan and become fragrant.
- Then add all of the remaining ingredients: vegetable broth, pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, agave, and sriracha. Whisk well to combine. Cook until it's completely heated through.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, some cilantro, sriracha, a drizzel of coconut milk, or enjoy just as it is.