You're headed to a potluck, you're super lazy (no judgement), not a skilled chef, or you just don't really wanna put a huge amount of time into cooking. BUT you MUST wow the crowd with amazing, delicious, awesome, veganess (because one must always woo with delicious, awesome, veganess).
Creamy Chipotle Lime Bean Salad. 15 minutes to make, just add beans, some chopped veg, and whip up a super easy mind-blowingly scrumptious dressing. Toss well. Serve. Prepare to get asked for the recipe at least 19 times. Proudly declare the recipe can be found on It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken, the fuss-free vegan blog. BOOM! Mic drop. Party complete. Success. Celebrate. Dance. Devour.
True story. Probably. I mean, I can see it happening because this Creamy Chipotle Lime Bean Salad is the perfect potluck party pleaser recipe. Gorgeously creamy, warm smoky chipotle spice, fresh zesty lime, hearty beans, pops of sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, it's just a fiesta in your mouth.
Gorgeously creamy, warm smoky chipotle spice, fresh zesty lime, hearty beans, pops of sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, it's just a fiesta in your mouth.
Super easy to whip up in a rush, but this can also be made ahead of time and gets even more flavourful as it sits. Just give it a toss again before serving, and you're good to go.
To make Creamy Chipotle Lime Bean Salad: Drain and rinse your cans of beans. I toss them all together in a strainer along with the frozen corn which will muti-task the rinsing and thawing.
Add the beans and corn to a very large bowl along with all of the remaining veg.
Whip up a batch of Chipotle Lime Dressing. I made a double batch and found 1 batch of dressing will lightly dress the salad, where as 1 ½ will have more punch. (I preferred the more punch version).
If not serving right away, cover the bean salad and pop it in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. Then just toss well before serving.
Creamy Chipotle Lime Bean Salad
- 1 19oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can white kidney or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 big handful cilantro (about ½ cup)
- ¼ red onion (about ½ cup), chopped
- 1 - 1 ½ batch of chipotle lime dressing
- Add everything to a very large bowl, adding the chipotle lime dressing to taste. 1 batch of dressing will lightly dress the salad, where as 1 ½ will have more punch. Toss well to combine. If making ahead of time, cover and store in the fridge for 1 - 2 days, and toss well before serving as the dressing will settle to the bottom.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also like: