Dirty Martini Pasta is quick and easy to make and surprisingly so delicious! Inspired by the iconic martini cocktail, this dish is a tangy symphony of garlic, olives, lemon, and a shot of gin or vodka. It's briney, zesty, and the definition of pasta perfection, you'll want to make it for dinner tonight!
I came across a viral TikTok video by @legallyhealthyblonde for dirty martini pasta and I knew I had to make a vegan version immediately! I quickly whipped it up for dinner that night. Adam was skeptical, but as soon as he tasted it, he was hooked. It's briney, zesty, garlicky, buttery, and oh-so-delicious! If you are an olive fan, you will LOVE this pasta.
The original recipe suggests adding blue cheese crumbles on top, and if you like you could use some vegan blue cheese crumbles, but honestly, that flavor can be a bit overpowering. I preferred the pasta without any cheese at all, letting the other ingredients shine like the stars they are. In my recipe you have a choice between using a shot of gin or a shot of vodka. Both options are equally fantastic and lend a subtle, sophisticated touch to the dish. Don't worry, though—you won't be stumbling around after indulging in this pasta. The alcohol gets cooked out, so you're not going to feel a buzz. But hey, if you want to skip the booze altogether, go ahead and make it a mocktail-pasta party!
Now, when it comes to serving, you have options: Enjoy it piping hot, or serve it cold as a pasta salad. It's versatile, refreshing, and the perfect companion for any occasion. Prepare to become the talk of the town with your Dirty Martini Pasta prowess! Get ready to impress your dinner guests with this boozy delight. Cheers to pasta perfection!
How to Make Dirty Martini Pasta:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the your preferred type of pasta according to the package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water. This recipe goes quickly, so I like to make sure my pasta is cooked before beginning the next step.
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the garlic, and sauté for about 60 seconds. Now add the olives and lemon zest, stir, and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant and the garlic begins to brown.
Add the shot of vodka or gin and simmer down for a minute or two.
Add the reserved pasta water, a couple tablespoons of olive brine, lemon juice, and vegan butter and melt into the sauce. This is your dirty martini pasta sauce. If you are making pasta salad, let this cool before adding pasta, otherwise continue directly to the next step.
Finally, add the pasta, and toss well to combine. Garnish with parsley, black pepper, and extra olives if desired. Serve hot. The olives and olive brine are quite salty so I didn't feel the need to add any salt, but if you do, go for it!
To make this a pasta salad: If you want to serve this as a pasta salad I recommend using a short pasta shape such as penne or farfalle. Drain the cooked pasta and rinse with cool water. After preparing the sauce, let it cool before tossing it with the pasta. Serve cold, or store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To make oil-free: omit the oil and instead do a water or broth sauté. Omit the butter and add an extra splash of pasta water if needed.
To make without alcohol: the alcohol will cook out leaving just a hint of flavor, but if you prefer you can omit it completely and just skip to the next step.
Dirty martini pasta is...
- Briney, zesty, garlicky, buttery, delicious!
- Super quick and easy to make
- An olive lovers dream!
More vegan pasta recipes you might like:
If you try this recipe let us know by leaving a comment, rating it, and don't forget to tag @itdoesnttastelikechicken on Instagram.
(click stars to vote)
Dirty Martini Pasta (Vegan)
- 8 oz pasta of choice, (gluten-free of preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (about 14 olives) pimento stuffed olives, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 shot gin or vodka, (3 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons olive brine
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water. This recipe goes quickly, so I like to make sure my pasta is cooked before beginning the next step.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the garlic, and sauté for about 60 seconds. Now add the olives and lemon zest, stir and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant and the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the shot of vodka or gin and simmer down for a minute or two.
- Add the reserved pasta water, olive brine, lemon juice, and vegan butter. Melt the vegan butter into the sauce.
- Finally, add the pasta, and toss well to combine. Garnish with parsley, black pepper, and extra olives if desired. Serve hot.