It's that time of year again where all things pumpkin is trending, and I love it!!! Today I'm sharing with you my new recipe for an Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte! Just 6 ingredients (7 if you like coconut whipped cream, which I definitely do), and about 5 minutes to make. This dairy-free version is so quick and easy to whip up and tastes even better than Starbucks.
A few years ago I posted a recipe for my pumpkin spice syrup. This recipe is still a fan fave! But the other day I was craving a vegan pumpkin spice latte and I really didn't feel like making the syrup from scratch. So instead I mixed the ingredients straight into my coffee, and wowee was it delicious! Not only did it take only 5 minutes to whip up, but this vegan pumpkin spice latte was creamy, sweet, with warming cinnamon and nutmeg, and a slight taste of pumpkin. It tastes like pumpkin pie in a cup! In summary, it was heaven!
Whip up the vegan pumpkin spice latte whenever cravings strike and you won't be disappointed!
How to make an Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte:
In a large coffee cup, mix together the espresso or coffee, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
If you have a milk frother, heat, and froth the milk until it is foamy and hot. If you do not have a milk frother, you can heat the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave until it is hot (but not boiling), and then whisk well to make it a bit frothy. Pour the milk into the coffee. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if using, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy hot.
This easy vegan pumpkin spice latte recipe makes one serving, but feel free to multiply the recipe as needed. When I want to make several servings I like to line up all the mugs and measure the ingredients one at a time in a row to make it super easy and quick.
I love my Breville espresso machine (it has over 14 thousand reviews on Amazon)! I use it to whip up this latte recipe in a jiffy. If you are not ready to invest in a full espresso machine, you can make this recipe with hot coffee and warmed milk. You can pick up a handheld milk frother such as this Zulay frother for under 15 bucks and it will also work fantastically to get that foamy milk experience.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 shots espresso (or ½ cup strong coffee)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plant-based milk, (such as oat or soy)
- 1 dollop coconut whipped cream, (optional for topping)
- In a large coffee cup, mix together the espresso or coffee, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- If you have a milk frother, heat, and froth the milk until it is foamy and hot. If you do not have a milk frother, you can heat the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave until it is hot (but not boiling), and then whisk well to make it a bit frothy. Pour the milk into the coffee. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if using, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy hot.
Okay I must say—I was super skeptical of this because I was afraid it was going to be gritty. I am completely blown away, it is delicious!!! I made an iced latte version and this is my new favorite drink.
Sam Turnbull says
Yay!! So happy to hear that, Allie!
Karen B says
So easy and so, so good! Thanks so much for this recipe. Perfect for Sunday morning lounging!
Sam Turnbull says
So happy you loved it Karen!
Holy moley - this is not only incredibly easy but incredibly GOOD! My new favorite thing! We have an Nespresso foamer thing that will now be put to good use. I’m going to try maple syrup in place of the brown sugar next time just to see what that brings to this fabulous fall drink! Thank you so much for all of your recipes. Seriously, we have never been disappointed!
Sam Turnbull says
Aww you're most welcome, Kimberly! So happy you love it 🙂