It's here, it's here, it's here!!! In case you don't follow me on social media and you haven't seen all my crazy excited posts, my first ever cookbook Fuss-Free Vegan is finally here! You can now find it on shelves in Barnes & Nobel, Chapters Indigo, online at Amazon, or (hopefully) in a bookstore near you! Can I get a woot woot!? In order to celebrate, I thought what better way than to combine bubbly booze, with sweet cake, topped with a mound of frosting. Yes, I'm talking Vegan Champagne Cupcakes. Ooh la la!
Friends, I just looked at Amazon and there are already four 5 star reviews!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I swear I didn't bribe any of my friends with Vegan Champagne Cupcakes, those are legit real reviews, and they are totally glowing reviews at that. I'm SO incredibly flattered for the kind words shared about my book. So if you wrote one of those reviews, I thank you oh-so-much. You totally made my day. (As if I needed any more awesomeness)! So grateful.
Now aren't these just the cutest little cupcakes you ever did see? (For those of you who recognize this champagne, don't worry, I drank this one, and used a more affordable one in the cupcakes)!
Vegan Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate my new book and the rave reviews, but they are also perfect for any special occasion. I'm thinking New Year's Eve, graduation, birthdays, retirement, anything that's worth popping a bottle for. Which if you know me, I'm a fan of celebrating big events such as "it's Tuesday!" or "it's 5 o'clock!" because why wait to celebrate life, you know what I'm saying?
Yesterday, I had, even more, to celebrate (is that even possible) because I spent a good chunk of the day at the CBC radio station in a recording booth getting interviewed from different cities all across Canada. I did 15 interviews in a row!!! A couple of them were live, which was kinda scary, but fun, and the rest I have no idea when they are airing but I will be sure to share links when I get them.
Two of the interviewers actually stayed on the line longer after our session and expressed how they were interested in going vegan and asked me a ton of questions. One guy even said he was going to try going vegan for 30 days!! (I'm going to hold him to that). 😉
See what I mean? There's always something to celebrate always!!
The bubbly Champagne in these cupcakes makes the cake extra light and fluffy and you can definitely taste a hint of that sparkling deliciousness. I also infused some champagne into the frosting. I'm telling you these cupcakes win at life! They are similar to my vanilla cupcakes but kicked up one giant serious notch. So pop that Champagne, and share a glass with your good ol' buddy cake. 🍾
To make Vegan Champagne Cupcakes: In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the wet ingredients. The oil won't really combine with the Champagne and that's totally fine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix.
Evenly divide batter among the liners. Bake 18 - 20 minutes until the tops are slightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
The cupcakes will become flat-topped when cooling, and may even have a slight dent in the middle. This is because they are so light and fluffy, don't worry, frosting will make them look perfect!
To make the frosting, mix all of the ingredients with a stand or hand mixer. If needed add another tablespoon of Champagne until desired consistency is reached. Decorate cupcakes however you like then add sparkly sprinkles for some extra pizazz! 🍾
Vegan Champagne Cupcakes
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the wet ingredients:
- 1 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- ¼ cup light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180C). Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners, or lightly grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix. Evenly divide batter among the liners. Bake 18 - 20 minutes until the tops are slightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix the powdered sugar, vegan butter, vegetable shortening, 2 tablespoons of Champagne, and vanilla extract together with a stand or hand mixer. If needed add another tablespoon of Champagne until desired consistency is reached. Decorate cupcakes however you like then add sparkly sprinkles for some extra pizazz!