Name one thing better than mac and cheese. Do you know the answer? HEALTHY vegan mac and cheese. I knew you were a smart cookie. Comfort food without the comfort belly. Just what the doctor ordered… Not that I know what the doctor ordered, but I am sure the doctor wouldn’t hesitate to order this dish. 286% of your daily vitamin C, 43% of your daily fiber, and 43% of your protein requirements for the day, all in one giant bowl of comfort food heaven.
Yes please, thank you very much, I will eat you ALL. This is the perfect dish for when you just want to cook up something easy, creamy, satisfying and guilt free. Your skinny jeans will thank you!
I just want to take a moment and thank everyone who filled out the Reader Survey. You guys are seriously the best ever! I learned so much about what you love and don’t love so much about It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken, and it just means we are gonna have even more fun here. Lots of exciting new ideas to come! So thanks again for taking a minute to fill it out. Now on to comfort food!
The first thing you want to do is make the Quick & Easy Cauliflower Cream Sauce. You can make this ahead of time if you want to, so it is good to go. Just make sure to heat it up before you use it in this recipe.
Then chop up the broccoli into florets, and peel and chop the broccoli stems. Now I know some of you are broccoli stem haters (I will never understand you!), so if you don’t want to use the stems, you don’t have to, but personally they are my favourite part.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta. At the last two minutes of cooking, add in the broccoli to cook along with the pasta. Then drain.
Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot and mix with the hot cauliflower cream sauce. Season with salt and pepper as desired, and then dig in!
- 1 Recipe of Quick & Easy Cauliflower Cream Sauce
- 2 Heads of Broccoli (plus stems if you like)
- 6 Cups Dry Short Pasta (such as penne, macaroni, bowties, or fusilli)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Follow the instructions to make the Quick & Easy Cauliflower Cream Sauce. You can make this ahead of time if you like. If the sauce is cold, heat it up before using in this recipe.
- When the sauce is made, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and then peel and cut up the stem as well. If you don't like broccoli stems, you can discard them, but they are my favourite part of the broccoli!
- Boil pasta according to instructions, and when two minutes of boiling time remain, add in the broccoli along with the pasta to cook.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pot. Stir in cauliflower cream sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Featured Ingredient: Broccoli. 21 Ingredients, 17 Days to go!