Fresh flavours alert! I have recently fallen in deep passionate love with this 5-minute chimichurri sauce recipe. Of course, it's super easy to make, but dude, seriously, this is one amazing flavour bomb. With parsley, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and lime there is so much punch to this sauce, it can take any dish from bland to fabulous.
My version of chimichurri isn't 100% traditional (name one recipe on my blog that is), but it's definitely 100% delicious, and that's all that counts in my book.
Bonus points: I even have an oil-free option for those who prefer it. Just sub aquafaba (the liquid in a can of chickpeas) for the olive oil in this recipe, and bam! Perfect easy oil-free chimichurri.
Use this sauce everywhere you want to take your dish up a notch. On a burrito or in a burrito bowl, on tacos such as my jackfruit tacos, on a vegan seitan steak, on roasted veg, on a tofu scramble, anywhere and everywhere you like! It's such a quick and easy way to add some freshness and zing to a dish.
To make 5-Minute Chimichurri Sauce: Add all of the ingredients to a small blender, food processor, or use an immersion blender.
I used this Kitchen Aid immersion blender which has been my go-to for blending up sauces and other small dishes for years.
Blend everything together, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. I prefer a sauce with lots of visible texture, but if you prefer a smoother sauce, feel free to blend to the desired consistency.
5 Minute Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (1 large handful)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (1 large handful)
- ¼ cup red onion (about ¼ of an onion), chopped*
- ¼ cup olive oil (substitute aquafaba for oil-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a small blender, food processor, or use an immersion blender. Blend everything together, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. I prefer a sauce with lots of visible texture, but if you prefer a smoother sauce, feel free to blend to the desired consistency.