Cheese board shmeeze board. Out with the old, and in with the new! Right now, I’m all about a gorgeous Vegan Snack Board. So many colours! So much variety! So many scrumptious looking treats to pick at, I want them all!
If you are hosting or attending a party, bring the appetiser table up a notch by spicing it up with this guide on How to Make a Vegan Snack Board. I mean, don’t you just want to eat it all? ↓
Yeah… yeah you do.
After playing around with this board, I discovered there are three keys to vegan snack board success.
The Keys to a Perfect Vegan Snack Board:
- Lots of options! The reason veggies and hummus can seem boring is because it’s only veggies and hummus. Have lots of variety of dips, vegan cheeses, crackers, veggies, fruit, nuts, and dried fruit. The more variation, the more fun the board will be.
- Lots of colour. When selecting the options, make sure to select a variety of colour. Everything in the beige family won’t be very attractive. Plants are BEAUTIFUL, so make sure to showcase that. Get an array of fruit and veg so your board is bursting with colour.
- Salty and Sweet. The vegan snack board has lots of salty and savoury flavours, but adding a few sweet surprises will take your taste buds for a ride. Add things like red pepper jelly, candied ginger, and dried apricots. These can be enjoyed separately, but one of my favourite combos is cashew ricotta topped with red pepper jelly. Yum!
I love this vegan snack board because you can invest as much or as little time in it as you want. If you are short on time, feel free to purchase premade hummus and dips in your grocery store. Maybe you will even be lucky enough to find an interesting vegan cheese!
Or if you have more time, you can make your own dips and vegan cheese. Everything I made was prepared the day before. All party, no stress.
- Classic Hummus and Flavoured Hummuses such as...
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Cranberry & Thyme Vegan Cheese Ball
- Cashew Ricotta
- Baked Almond Snacking Cheese
- Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Red Pepper Cashew Dip
- Olive Oil & Sun-Dried Tomato Rustic Tapenade
- Vegan Mushroom & Walnut Pate
- Preserves or Jellies such as red pepper jelly
- Mixed Olives
- Seasoned Beans
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Baby Carrots
- Cucumber Slices
- Celery Sticks
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sweet Pepper Slices
- Cauliflower Florets
- Broccoli Florets
- Fennel Slices
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Roasted Nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts)
- Candied Nuts
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Dried Fruit (apricots, figs, cranberries)
- Candied Ginger
- Wasabi Peas
- Crispy Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- Arrange all of your selections on a large board or platter. If you don't have a large enough board, feel free to use multiple boards. Bon Appetegan!