Do I even need to explain why Loaded Vegan Nachos is my new favourite recipe? I mean, hello: LOADED. VEGAN. NACHOS. Yes, yes, and absolutely yes. I am doing happy dances right now. I love nachos. But I adore my recipe for The Best Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos! This recipe is filled with everything that makes nachos great!
The funny thing about my love for nachos is that I didn't even really realize how much I loved them until I became vegan. I would go to a pub with friends, browse the menu, and then crave the nachos that I couldn't have. I didn't crave the cows cheese, I just wanted that familiar, gooey, finger food, fun that goes so well with a pint. Omnomnom bar night.
I became determined to make the best damn vegan nachos, from here to Timbuktu. (Side note, did you know that Timbuktu is a real place in Mali... that really is far away)!
Back to my vegan nacho making mission.
Make the worlds perfect nacho cheese. Voila! Melty Stretchy Gooey Nacho Cheese.
Make some glorious, ridiculously tasty, beautiful nachos. Um, did you notice the pictures on this page?
Devour said nachos. Vegan food coma- complete!
These nachos turned out so well that even my non-vegan mom stated all pubs should have this on the menu... and, I rest my case.
The key to a good nacho party in your mouth is to layer. First start with a layer of tortilla chips. Sprinkle over that, olives, jalapeños, black beans, green onions, and tomatoes.
Then drizzle over half of the nacho cheese recipe. Aye yai yai! I want it already. Now do it all over again! A new layer of tortilla chips, with all the toppings, and the remainder of the nacho cheese. Pop it in the oven to heat it through, sprinkle on some fresh cilantro and avocado, and get your fingers ready to lick. Dive into layers of deliciousness. And if you really want to up the ante, you can add some of my Vegan Tofu Taco Crumbles to your layers and have a super-meaty and decadent nacho feast!
These loaded vegan nachos are...
- super cheesy
- loaded with all the best toppings
- the perfect bar food
More vegan bar food inspired recipes:
If you try this recipe let us know by leaving a comment, rating it, and don't forget to tag @itdoesnttastelikechicken on Instagram.
Loaded Vegan Nachos
- 1 recipe Stretchy Melty Gooey Vegan Nacho Cheese
- 4 big handfuls tortilla chips
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup black olive slices
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- ½ of an avocado
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- If you haven't already done so, make the recipe for Stretchy Gooey Vegan Nacho Cheese. If you prepared it ahead of time, heat it up in a pot over medium heat stirring frequently so that it doesn't burn. If it is too thick, stir in one tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips onto an oven safe pan or dish. Sprinkle over half of the tomatoes, olives, jalapeño, black beans, and green onions. Drizzle half of the nacho cheese over top. Now build your second layer by repeating with the remaining ingredients (except for the avocado and cilantro).
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the chips just start to get golden on the edges. Garnish with the avocado and cilantro on top.