I was craving my Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Tofu the other day, because, seriously, so yum. BUT I was also craving a fresh buddha bowl type of thing. Yes, I believe you have already figured out what happened, you clever little thing you. A Sticky Sriracha Tofu Bowl happened. And my oh my was that a good thing to happen.
Part of me thought, “you don’t need to share this recipe online, Sam, people can figure out this stuff on their own.” But then another part of me thought, “OMG so delicious, must tell everyone immediately!”
The second part won (clearly), because if you hadn’t thought to combine the sweet & spicy sriracha with an array of fresh colourful crispy veggies on a bed of fluffy rice, then you are missing out in a big, big, way. And I can’t have my readers missing out on any kind of vegan deliciousness. All deliciousness must be shared!
This sticky sriracha tofu bowl is the perfect combo of comfort food cosy, combined with fresh raw and crispy. It’s better than any buddha bowl, it’s magical!
To make a sticky sriracha tofu bowl:
Prepare the Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu according to the directions here.
In the meantime, cook your rice until light and fluffy, and chop up the veggies into big sized pieces.
Assemble the bowls by dividing the rice among the bowls, arrange all of the veggies around the edges along with the sriracha tofu and sauce from the pan. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions
This is the perfect combo of comfort food cosy, combined with fresh raw and crispy. Better than a buddha bowl, it's magical!
- 1 batch Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Tofu
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a cucumber, sliced
- 1/8 of a red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Prepare the tofu according to the directions.
- In the meantime, rinse the rice well, then add it to a medium pot along with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the rice is light and fluffy. Alternatively, you can cook the rice in a rice cooker or however you normally prepare rice.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice among the bowls, arrange all of the veggies around the edges along with the sriracha tofu and sauce from the pan. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
If you liked this recipe you might also like: