It's beginning to look a lot like deliciousness, everywhere you go! (Sung in brilliantly, gorgeous, singing voice, of course).
These Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes are my new favourites. Rich, Christmas spices, a moist and chewy cake, making that perfect gingerbread texture (in my not so humble opinion). All topped with a salted caramel gingerbread frosting. Let's say that again, salted caramel gingerbread frosting. I mean really, is there anything else you need in life? A spoon maybe?
This recipe took some serious work in the kitchen. Serious = lots of batter eating. You might have seen my sunken cupcake attempt on Instagram or Facebook, but not to worry, I figured it out. The secret? Three tips!
- Preheat your oven, no last minute warm ups. Some older ovens can take a long time to heat up properly.
- Don't over mix your batter! You will kill all those lovely fluffy bubbles you need.
- No peeking! Once those cupcakes are in the oven, I absolutely forbid you to open that oven door until the 20 minute mark.
Three tips to this deliciousness. Just look at these babies, how can you resist taking an enormous, frosting covered bite out of these gorgeous Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes?
To make vegan gingerbread cupcakes:
Let's get baking! In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients. Then in another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet into dry and mix until just combined. Make sure to give that batter a taste because you won't be sorry.
Divide the batter among 12 cucpake liners.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Wait until completely cooled to frost.
Beat all the frosting ingredients together until fluffy and delicious.
Add a big 'ol dollop of frosting on top, and devour.
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners, or lightly grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until just combined. Don't over mix! Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, use a mixer or hand beater to mix all the frosting ingredients together until light and fluffy. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.