If you are looking for a super easy, delicious, veggie-packed dinner, Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are for you!
Just 15 minutes of prep then pop the sheet pan in the oven to roast. Serve the flavor-packed tofu and veggies with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings. The perfect crowd-pleasing easy weeknight dinner, you'll want to add this to your weekly rotation!
Making homemade fajitas is so easy and tastes even better than at a restaurant! These vegetarian fajitas are packed with veggies including colorful bell peppers (I used red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper), red onion, and garlic. And for the protein I use extra-firm tofu. If you are not a fan of tofu, trust me you will love it in this recipe! The tofu is torn into bite-sized pieces and seasoned generously with a mixture of spices. This gives it a taste and texture much more similar to chicken.
The key to making everything so tasty is the homemade fajita seasoning. Chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne are mixed together and then sprinkled all over the vegetables and tofu for the most flavor-packed meal. You can even make a big batch of this spice mix and store it in your pantry so that you can make sheet pan fajitas even quicker the next time! If you are doing this you will need about 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of the spice mix per baking sheet.
Once seasoned and roasted, the tofu and veggies are caramelized and tender. Serve them on warmed flour tortillas or corn tortillas with a spritz of fresh lime juice and your favorite toppings such as guacamole, cilantro, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, fresh cilantro, salsa, or hot sauce. Yum! Everyone loves this simple recipe and will ask for it again and again!
I love how quick and easy this one-pan meal is. It also makes clean-up super quick and easy too! Let me know in the comments if you want more sheet pan meal ideas like this one.
If you are a fan of meal prep, this is also a great recipe for you as you can bake all of the veggies and tofu (make a double batch if you like), and then divide it among meal prep containers. These veggies are delicious served on rice or quinoa as well giving you lots of options.
How to Make Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas:
Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200℃).
In a small bowl, add all of the fajita spice mix ingredients, stir and set aside.
On a large baking sheet, spread the tofu, bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
Drizzle the oil over top. Then sprinkle the fajita spice mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients well until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through, until everything is cooked and golden brown in some places. Squeeze the lime juice over top of the hot veggies and tofu. Serve hot with tortillas and toppings of choice.
These vegan sheet pan fajitas are:
- super easy and quick to make
- packed full of veggies and protein
- perfect weeknight meal
- a crowd pleaser!
More Vegan Mexican-Inspired Recipes:
If you try this recipe let us know by leaving a comment, rating it, and don't forget to tag @itdoesnttastelikechicken on Instagram.
(click stars to vote)
Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas
For the Fajita Spice Mix:
For the Fajitas:
- 1 (350g/ 12.3oz) block extra-firm tofu, drained, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 bell peppers, (any color), sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons light oil, (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 half lime
- 8 small tortillas, warmed
- Fajita toppings of choice such as: avocado, salsa, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, jalapeno slices, guacamole, or chopped cilantro.
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200℃).
- In a small bowl, add all of the fajita spice mix ingredients, stir and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, spread the tofu, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Drizzle the oil over top. Then sprinkle the fajita spice mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients well until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through, until everything is cooked and golden brown in some places. Squeeze the lime juice over top of the hot veggies and tofu. Serve hot with tortillas and toppings of choice.