The other day I was randomly watching YouTube videos when I stumbled upon a viral video by Tasty on How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. I think chocolate chip cookies are my most favourite dessert ever so I had some serious cookie cravings when watching this video. But there was a problem... this recipe wasn't vegan! A problem I could fix! I thought it would be fun to show you how I play around in the kitchen to veganize a recipe so I set up my camera and filmed the whole thing (you can watch the video below in the recipe card!) Here we go with Veganized: Tasty's Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Sometimes recipes can be very easy to veganize and other times it can take me many, many attempts before I end in a result that I'm totally happy with. I think I finally nailed it when I attempted to veganized Tasty's Chocolate Chip Cookies. These veganized chocolate chip cookies cookies were crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle. Super duper rich with a ton of different flavours going on. I'm talking caramel, espresso, salt, toasted nuts, and extra-chocolate.
If you have an idea of what trending recipe I should veganize next, let me know in the comments!
(click stars to vote)
VEGANIZED: Tasty's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: cookies (roughly)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour to a small pot and put over medium-low heat. Toast the almond flour until it lightly browns and smells fragrant, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour the toasted almond into a large mixing bowl to stop the cooking.
- Sift the bread flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt into the large mixing bowl along with the toasted almond flour. Whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the vegan butter, dark brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing each cookie 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the cookies are browned on the edges. Let cool on the pan for about 10 minutes.