While ordering vegan pizza has gotten pretty easy these days with so many pizzerias providing dairy-free cheese options (yay!), vegan pizza dips on the other hand, are not nearly as common. Especially the creamy or buttery variety. If you don't have vegan pizza dips whatever do you do with the crust!? I knew I must remedy this problem so I whipped up these 3 vegan pizza dipping sauces to save the day!
Super quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients each, you can make all three in the time it takes to order a pizza or cook your own! And that is exactly what I do.
No crust shall be left un-dipped!
First up, vegan creamy garlic. The fan favourite for dipping your crusts. This can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes. You can use a store-bought vegan mayonnaise which is easily found in stores or online, or you can use my homemade vegan mayonnaise recipe from Fuss-Free Vegan.
Second, we have spicy marinara. I always have leftover tomato sauce somewhere in the fridge from using it as a pizza base, or from pasta nights. This is the perfect way to use up that sauce! I just give it a flavour boost for dipping perfection.
And last we have garlic butter (probably my favourite if I had to choose). Only 3 ingredients, takes 5 minutes, and if you have a handy dandy garlic press it can be even quicker!
To make creamy garlic dip: mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Done!
For the spicy marinara dip: if your tomato sauce is lumpy, you might want to start by using an immersion blender or small standing blender to make a smoother sauce for easier dipping. Then simply add all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir to combine. Optionally, you can heat it in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove before serving.
To make garlic butter: melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
Serve with pizza or breadsticks and dive in!
3 Vegan Pizza Dips - Creamy Garlic, Marinara, and Garlic Butter
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup tomato sauce, (leftover sauce from pizza or pasta works great)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (optional for spicy marinara)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
For the Creamy Garlic:
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
For the Spicy Marinara:
- Optionally, if your tomato sauce is lumpy, you might want to start by using an immersion blender or small standing blender to make a smoother sauce for easier dipping. Then simply add all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir to combine. If you prefer a hot marinara, heat it in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove before serving.
For the Garlic Butter:
- Melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
I made the garlic butter dipping sauce using Kite Hill vegan butter and it was great!
I made all 3 and they were delicious. Highly recommend the creamy one!
Sam Turnbull says
Amazing recipe! I used about 3/4 cup of nut crumbs instead of the corn flakes and it turned out great!
Haha oops, wrong recipe! I made this for the carrot fingers and didn't notice I was in the wrong tab!
I made the creamy garlic sauce and used it as a pizza sauce topped with artichoke hearts, onions, and peppers. Thanks for bringing white sauce pizza back!
Sam Turnbull says
Ooooh sounds delish!! Thrilled you love it so much, SunnyD 🙂
So excited to try the creamy garlic. I’ve been missing my Toppers House Dip so hopefully it’ll be a good substitute!
Sam Turnbull says
Wonderful! I hope you love it 🙂