Guys, we did it. The last days of 2014 are here. Woot! Celebrate! Goodbye 2014, you have treated me well. Hello 2015, well, aren’t you looking all shiny and new.
Things that were awesome for me in 2014:
- I became even more vegan. Becoming hyper aware of animal testing, leather, wool, and any other nasty things I want to avoid. It takes a while to learn about all of these things, so I am feeling proud that I am more vegan than ever.
- My first surprise party. On my 30th birthday Andrew threw a big bash with all my friends, vegan catering, and a performance by musician Royal Wood!
(Andrew’s creative party decorations).
- I started a line of It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken apparel.
- I posted 35 out of 100 recipes for the 1/100/100 challenge. 65 more to go and only 163 days. Eeek! Be prepared for a lot of deliciousness soon to come.
- I got a shiny new Canon Rebel T3i which I have been learning how to use. Who knew I would get so excited about taking photos of food?
- It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken has been getting rather popular, (aww shucks) thanks guys. Spreading the delicious vegan word to more and more peeps everyday.
Things I am looking forward to in 2015:
- Veganuary! The official month of veganism. Are you going to make this your new years resolution?
- A new kitchen. There are some serious renovations going on at my house, and I am beyond excited to have an upgraded kitchen.
- My best friend’s wedding. I’m not referring to the movie, and I’m definitely not going to try to steal away the groom. (No offence Al.)
- This Creamy Red Pepper Cashew Dip… all the time… must dip… so tasty.
What better way to bring in the new year, than with deliciously healthy recipes! This recipe is entirely whole, oil free, gluten free, raw – if you soak the cashews, and you consider cashews raw (there is some debate on this). AND it takes only 10 minutes to make! Just toss everything in a blender. Great for last minute company. Most importantly, it’s darn tasty. Creamy, almost cheesy, nacho-like, yum. Great with tortilla chips or fresh cut veggies.
Just toss everything into a blender. Blend, and….
Welcome to creamy deliciousness.
You can heat it up in a pot over medium low heat, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn, or serve cold. Both ways are great.
Creamy Red Pepper Cashew Dip. A healthy, vegan, dairy free, whole, oil free, gluten free, raw AND takes only 10 minutes to make! Darn tasty, creamy, almost cheesy, nacho-like, yum.
Add everything to a blender, and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
To boil the cashews, add the cashews to a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until cashews are tender. Drain and rinse.
To soak the cashews, put the cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water, soak for 4 hours or overnight until tender. Drain.
Feature Ingredient: Red Pepper. 163 Days, 65 Recipes to go.