Oops, I did it again! (Really can't believe I just made Britney reference, I don't even like her music).
Ehem, I did it again! I had so much fun making my first ever YouTube video, and better yet, it seems like you had fun watching it. I received so many lovely comments across social media, they really made me feel special. I particularly liked the comment from naonao.hgc in Instagram "Wow you're moving and talking"! Haha. Yes, I move and talk in real life... I'm actually not very good at sitting still, I'm full of beans you might say (bad joke alert)!
So after a bit of a hiccup (recording most of the video with my microphone off, AGH!) I present you with YouTube video number 2! Let me know if you are digging this video and if you have any requests for more videos!
You like hummus, I know you do. If you are on this blog, I am going to guess that 99.7% of you like hummus. If you don't like hummus, I dare you not to like this sweet potato hummus!
In my opinion, plain hummus is fine, I guess, but sweet potato hummus... um, yes please! I don't use tahini in this recipe for two reasons: one, I rarely have it on hand, and more importantly, two, I actually kinda hate tahini (which is weird because I love sesame seeds). It always tastes bitter and sour to me. I prefer to make hummus with delicious things.
The result is a hummus that is sweet, fragrant, creamy, and packed full of flavour. Basically if you like sweet potatoes, you will like this sweet potato hummus. (Obvi right)?
First we need to cook the sweet potato! So crank your oven to 400F, pierce the potato all over with a fork so that steam can escape, and pop it in the oven for 50 to 65 minutes until the potato is tender all the way through and easily pierced with a knife. You can bake the sweet potato up to a few days in advance if you like.
When you are ready to make your hummus, scoop the flesh out of the sweet potato, and add it to a food processor along with the other ingredients.
Blend until smooth and creamy. I generally like a thicker hummus, but if you prefer it a little thinner, just add more oil or water until desired consistency is reached. Serve with tortilla, crackers, or your favourite veggies for dipping! Omnomnom.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- Use a fork to prick the sweet potato all over so steam can escape while the potato cooks. Put on a baking sheet, and bake for about 50 - 65 minutes, until the potato is tender all the way through, and a knife can easily pierce through the entire potato.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and add to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, the chickpeas, garlic, lemon, olive oil, water, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Blend until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If you prefer a thinner hummus, just thin it with a bit more water or oil until desired consistency is reached.