“Tis the season to drink delicious holiday beverages! Fa la la la la… la la la la.”
I’m a big fan of fancy festive drinks. Vegan Hot Buttered Rum, Easy Homemade Apple Cider, 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Syrup. There is just something about sipping a festive beverage and watching the snow fall that feels like total relaxing, fuzzy slipper bliss to me.
Now that we finally have a thick blanket of snow on the ground (shhhh snow haters, no complaining), holiday cocktails are an absolutely must.
Quick Vegan Coconut Nog just became my new favourite holiday sippable. Thick, creamy, full of wintery spices, luscious coconut, so delectably delicious, it totally hits that festive spot.
A lot of grocery stores carry vegan nogs of various types, but it’s so easy and scrumptious to make your own. The best news? You guys know my style by now: easy, quick, and delicious. For this recipe just toss everything into a blender (only 7 ingredients), whizz it up, and you’re good to go. I love mine with spiced rum, but it’s gorgeous booze free as well.
To make Quick Vegan Coconut Nog: toss everything in a blender and give it a whizz, and done!
Bonus tip: If you are looking for a hint of eggy flavour, try adding a pinch of black salt.
Pour over spiced rum or bourbon for a boozy version, give a little stir and garnish with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg. Sip your way to nog perfection.
The perfect easy holiday cocktail. Vegan, dairy free, egg free.
- 1 19oz Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup of your Favourite Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 3 - 5 Tablespoons Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg (plus more for garnish)
- Pinch of Black Salt for an eggy taste (Optional)
- Spiced Rum or Bourbon (Optional)
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I prefer a less sweet nog, so I opted for 3 tablespoons of agave. For a sweeter nog add more to taste.
- Pour over spiced rum or bourbon if you like, and give a little stir. Garnish with a little more nutmeg. Store leftovers in a bottle or jug in the fridge. Shake well before serving.
If you like this recipe you might also like: