In case you were wondering, the answer is yes. Yes, you should make and devour this immediately.
This is the kind of scrumptious comfort food dip, I need to get through freezing – Yes it really is still winter – February. Scratch that, this is the kind of scrumptious comfort food dip, I need to get through ANY and EVERY party, social occasion, friends stopping by – Yes I am vegan, yes this really is vegan, yes I know it doesn’t taste vegan, nope there isn’t any soy in there (not that it will give your husband man boobs like you are asking), no apology necessary for eating the whole thing, that’s what it’s there for – occasion.
This is one of those appetizers where people are gonna be asking for the recipe and they are gonna be asking how much cheese is in this thing. It’s so darn cheesy, creamy, and delectable, with lots of spinach, artichoke and onion action going on. I mean can you even tell there is bread under that thick coating of dip lusciousness ↑ ? The dip just devoured my bread like a good dip should.
Ah, there it is. This is for sure going to be one of my go-to recipes for company, now when is the party starting?
To make this recipe, you will need a double batch of the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozarella recipe. You can make this ahead of time, or you can make it right before making the dip (it only takes 15 minutes to whip up).
Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
Finely chop the onion, and drain and chop the artichoke hearts. Mince the garlic, and grab your bag of spinach.
Toss the mozzarella, onion, artichokes, garlic, spinach, non-dairy milk, salt, and pepper in a cast iron skillet or oven proof dish. Stir it up. It might not mix very well, but that doesn’t matter, it will come together in the oven.
*Note, for a soy free dip make sure to use a soy free milk such as almond, oat, or rice milk.
Bake for 20 minutes, stopping half way to give it a stir. If it is a little too thick for your liking you can add a bit more non-dairy milk and mix it in for desired consitency. Once it is fully cooked, you can brown the top for added wow effect. Turn your broiler on, and pop it under the broiler for 3 minutes or less. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Serve with all things dippy, and don’t be surprised when it disappears quickly!
Yes, this is vegan, and it's amazing! Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip tastes like the traditional dish but so much better. Soy, dairy, oil, and gluten free!
- 2 batches Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella (can be made in advance or right before making the dip)
- 12 marinated artichoke hearts (1 1/2 cups), drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups frozen spinach, (or 2 large handfuls fresh spinach)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond), plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bread, chips, veggies, or whatever you want to use to dip!
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Make a double batch of Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella. You can do this ahead of time and keep the mozzarella in a air tight container in the fridge until you are ready to use it, or you can make it right before creating this recipe. It only takes 15 minutes!
- Add the mozzarella to an oven safe dish, along with the artichoke hearts, onion, garlic, spinach, 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir. It will probably lumpy and not really come together, but that's totally cool.
Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes, stopping halfway to give it a stir. If it gets too thick, thin it by mixing it a bit extra non-dairy milk.
Once fully cooked, you can optionally brown the top. To do this, turn your oven to broil, and put under the broiler for 3 minutes. Check continuously so that it doesn't burn, it browns fast!! Serve hot with bread or chips.
Featured Ingredient: Artichokes! 113 Days, 55 Recipes to go.