Did you hear of the new plant-based milk trend in town? Banana milk. No, not a banana smoothie. Banana milk is a thing. People are buying banana milk in cartons. Why? I'm really not sure when it's so easy and so cheap to make at home! No really, like 2 ingredients, press a button on a blender. Easy. Welcome to flavor town.
Did you guess the 2 ingredients yet? Bananas and water. I knew you would you clever minx you!
I came across this idea a while ago but thought I shouldn't bother posting such an easy recipe that everyone could figure out. But then, one fine morning I woke up, poured myself a big bowl of cereal, only to discover that I was out of soy milk and almond milk. Heartbroken momentarily, my mental lightbulb turned on and I remembered banana milk!
So I whipped up a batch, added a touch of cinnamon for some extra oh la la, and poured it over my cereal. The result: the most delicious bowl of cereal ever!!!! It may be two ingredients - but what a recipe!!
This dairy-free, nut-free milk is so delicious and takes about 10 seconds to make. This 2 ingredient recipe is a good one to have on hand for emergencies or just for enjoying banana-y goodness. It's not just for cereal either, this banana milk would be deeelish on oatmeal, for dipping cookies, in baked goods, in hot chocolate, to make fudgesicles, or basically anywhere that could use a touch of sweet creaminess.
To Make Banana Milk:
Grab a ripe banana. I know, complicated stuff here. The riper the banana, the sweeter your milk will be so I always love when my bananas get super spotty for that natural sweetness.
Peel your ripe banana (told you, super complicated), and add it to the blender with water. You could also add in pure vanilla extract, maple syrup, a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or any other flourishes you think would be yummy (I also have a recipe for Strawberry Milk, so even combining the two could be nice).
Blend until smooth and creamy. For a thicker milk, use less water. For a thinner milk, use more. That's it. No artificial flavors, no waste, just a low cost, super easy to make at home dairy-free milk made from real bananas. Enjoy!
- What does Banana Milk taste like? It tastes like, well, bananas! But super sweet, creamy, and light! It is, in a word, delicious!
- Is Banana Milk healthy? Yes, it sure is! All the nutrition of a banana with no added sugar, sweeteners, etc. Check out Nutrition Facts about bananas (and other fruits and veg) here!
- Can I store Banana Milk? It will last 2-3 days in your fridge if you keep it in an air-tight container.
Banana Milk - 2 Ingredients
- 1 banana (the riper it is the sweeter the milk will be)
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Add the banana and water to a blender. If using, also add in any of the optional add-ins. Blend until smooth and creamy. Feel free to add more or less water for a thinner or thicker consistency.